Eric Creizman is one of the most sought-after trial lawyers in New York who focuses his practice on complex white-collar and securities enforcement defense. He brings a creative, high-energy approach to his representations, and his written submissions, oral arguments and cross-examinations have earned accolades from his colleagues, adversaries and judges. Eric’s clients appreciate his tenacity and his tireless work ethic.
Eric has served as lead counsel in some of the most complex, high-stakes and high-profile white-collar representations in recent years, including trying many cases to verdict. His experience includes government and corporate investigations, federal jury trials, bench trials, evidentiary and sentencing hearings, restitution proceedings and appeals. He is often called upon to provide representation and strategic counsel in criminal and regulatory matters relating to securities, accounting, investments, real estate transactions, environmental violations, health care, insurance, money laundering, digital currency, construction, unions and political activities.
Eric’s regulatory practice has included representations of financial institutions, payment processing companies and individuals in investigations, litigation and trials involving agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the New York and Connecticut Attorneys General Offices. Eric’s civil litigation practice has included a wide variety of securities, antitrust, banking and commercial litigation matters. His representation of clients in criminal matters also includes parallel regulatory and civil investigations and proceedings.
A frequent speaker and author, Eric has presented continuing legal education programs on various topics primarily related to white-collar criminal defense, and has published articles in numerous legal publications.
Services and Industries
- White-Collar Criminal Defense and Government Investigations
- Internal Investigations and Regulatory Compliance
- Securities Regulation and Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Financial Services
- Governance and Compliance
- Privacy and Data Security
- Financial Services and Banking
- Agribusiness and Food
- Health Care and Life Sciences
- Manufacturing and Innovation
- Consumer Products and Services
- Energy and Utilities
- Real Estate, Development, Construction
Prior to joining the firm, Eric was a partner at another New York firm where he served as national co-chair for the White Collar Criminal and Government Investigations practice group. For the first 10 years of his career, Eric practiced at large, international law firms. In 2008, he started his own law firm, Creizman PLLC, which he operated successfully for over seven years.
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 1999)
- James Kent Scholar
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Columbia College (B.A., cum laude, 1996)
- Political Science (Departmental honors)
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Tax Court
- Criminal Justice Act Panel, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Federal Bar Council
- American Bar Association, White Collar Crime Committee
- New York City Bar Association, Criminal Law Committee (2000-2002)
- New York Super Lawyers®, White Collar Criminal Defense (2012-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell, Client Champion Award, Silver Level (2020)