Gregory Monk is an associate solicitor and solicitor advocate advising on all aspects of litigation with experience in the English High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. He also advises on alternative dispute resolution including settlement discussions, international arbitration and enforcement matters. As a solicitor advocate, Gregory often undertakes advocacy on behalf of the client.
Gregory acts on behalf of individuals, companies, sporting institutions, public sector bodies and entrepreneurs, advising on all aspects of commercial litigation including urgent applications for interim injunctive relief. His work is often multi-jurisdictional, and frequently involves the Middle East, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
He has a particular interest in the art market and acts for auction houses, galleries and private collectors and funders. Gregory works closely with clients on art-related legal issues including disputes concerning authenticity, provenance, contract, negligence and title. Gregory also assists clients with transport, insurance and other issues faced by private collectors.
Gregory’s trust and probate practice encompasses questions regarding the validity of wills and trusts, removal of executors and trustees, constructive trust and proprietary estoppel claims. He is a trusted advisor for executors and claimants alike in significant disputes and acts in high-value Inheritance Act disputes and proceedings.
Services and Industries
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
- Class Action Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Financial Services
- Governance and Compliance
- Government Contracts
- Government Relations and Public Policy
- Internal Investigations and Regulatory Compliance
- Outside General Counsel
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Professional Liability
- Trusts and Estates
- White-Collar Criminal Defense and Government Investigations
- Energy and Utilities
- Real Estate, Development, Construction
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Gregory served as an associate solicitor and solicitor advocate at Kerman & Co. in London, where he worked for over six years. He joined Armstrong Teasdale in early 2021 when the firm combined with Kerman & Co. Before that Gregory worked in the House of Parliament for a London-based Member of Parliament for more than three years.
- BPP University Law School (LPC, Commendation, 2017)
- BPP University Law School (GDL, Commendation, 2014)
- University College London, University of London (B.A., 2013)
- Politics and History – Upper Honours (Second Class)
- England and Wales, 2017
- Young Professionals in the Arts (Member)
- Courtauld Institute of Art (Friend)
- Society of Conservative Lawyers (Member)
- Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (Member)
- Society of Antiquaries London (Regular)