Clients rely on Armstrong Teasdale’s Debt Finance team for counsel on complex domestic and cross-border debt financing matters across a full spectrum of markets, industries and sectors. Our multidisciplinary practitioners provide a broad and seamless platform capable of tailoring unique solutions for clients’ most critical financing needs.
Our Debt Finance lawyers provide a full range of services to domestic and international lenders, borrowers and private equity sponsors on all types of debt finance transactions, including:
- secured and unsecured senior, mezzanine and subordinated debt facilities;
- syndicated credit facilities;
- commercial real estate and construction financing;
- leveraged buyouts and acquisition financing;
- refinancings and recapitalizations;
- distressed lending;
- workouts, restructurings, debtor-in-possession financing and exit financing;
- remedial enforcement actions;
- private placements of convertible and nonconvertible debt securities;
- loan sales and participations;
- asset-based and revenue-based working capital loans;
- venture lending;
- mezzanine and subordinated debt facilities;
- equipment leasing and lending;
- employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) loans;
- letters of credit and swap transactions; and
- tax-exempt and tax-assisted transactions.
The depth and breadth of our Debt Finance platform allows us to serve diverse lender clients around the globe, including international, national, regional and local banks, nontraditional direct lenders, asset-based lenders (ABLs), investment banks, mezzanine lenders, private equity sponsors, reinsurance companies, and high-net-worth individual financiers.
Equally robust is the platform’s borrower-side client base, which spans private equity firms and their portfolio companies, as well as leading public and private companies in tech, real estate, franchising, energy, health care, hospitality, media and entertainment, manufacturing and retail, among other industries.
Integrating multidisciplinary lawyers from Armstrong Teasdale’s U.S. and U.K. Capital Markets, Real Estate and Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy practice areas, our Debt Finance platform is strategically positioned to advise clients throughout the entire life cycle of their financing needs, including in nondistressed and distressed situations, and in judicial and nonjudicial proceedings.
The U.S. Debt Finance team also affords clients deep experience in financial services industry regulations, operations and applications before federal and state agencies, including the Federal Reserve Board, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and various state banking, mortgage and consumer lending regulators. Similarly, our U.K. Debt Finance team advises clients on U.K. regulatory matters affecting financial institutions, financial advisors and various leveraged buyouts (LBOs) of publicly traded U.K. companies, including under the U.K. Takeover Code.