Ian Flanagan concentrates his practice in commercial litigation. He has assisted clients throughout all phases of litigation, up to and including trial, in a wide variety of matters.
In his practice, Ian has researched and drafted numerous briefs and dispositive motions, managed substantial discovery projects, and prepared partners for depositions and oral arguments. Ian has trial experience in both litigation and arbitration. In his judicial clerkships, Ian drafted memoranda, opinions and orders at both the appellate level and the trial court level.
Ian was previously a lawyer at Novack and Macey in Chicago, and he joined Armstrong Teasdale in 2023.
While in law school, Ian was a summer associate at a large international law firm located in Washington, D.C. After completing law school, he served as a Judicial Clerk for the Hon. Albert Diaz, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and for the Hon. Andrea R. Wood, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Northwestern University (J.D., magna cum laude, 2018)
- Northwestern University Law Review (Executive Editor)
- Order of the Coif
- Senior Research Program Honors
- 3L Leadership Award
- Harold Washington 2L Leadership Award
- Kalamazoo College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2013)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois