Imran Aslam is a partner and head of the firm’s Insolvency and Restructuring practice in the U.K.
Imran has experience working on a wide range of cross-border and domestic corporate restructuring and insolvency matters, including advising debtors, creditors, officeholders, banks and other financial institutions, and purchasers of distressed assets. He has a particular focus on the automotive, real estate, financial services, retail and leisure sectors.
Imran has been recognised in both Chambers U.K. and The Legal 500 U.K. His clients in Chambers U.K. note Imran as “very knowledgeable, thinks ahead and is always easy to reach.” He is further described as being “very helpful, very responsive and provides sensible commercial answers.”
Services and Industries
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Imran spent more than 10 years at a number of other Am Law 100 firms in London. At a previous firm, Imran was also actively involved in and served as a leader in diversity and inclusion-related initiatives.
- BPP University Law School (LPC, 2009)
- University of Cambridge (LL.M., 2008)
- International Law
- College of Europe, Bruges (LL.M., 2005)
- EU and Competition Law
- King's College London (LL.B., 2004)
- with European Legal Studies
- England and Wales, 2012
- Law Society of England and Wales
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- King’s College London and BPP School of Law (Mentoring/mentorship)
- Chambers U.K., Restructuring/Insolvency (2019-present)
- The Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer, Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency (2020); Oil & Gas (2023)