Jeff McPherson is a Fellow of the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers and has been selected to Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers. He is AV® Preeminent peer review rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
In 2022, Missouri Lawyers Media recognized Armstrong Teasdale LLP as Missouri’s most successful appellate practice: “The practice, which includes Tom Weaver, Jeff McPherson and former Missouri Supreme Court Judge William Ray Price Jr., has taken on some of the toughest and highest profile cases, winning significant victories and making important law along the way.”
Jeff has represented clients in over 200 appeals of all kinds, including appeals in the Missouri Supreme Court, every district of the Missouri Court of Appeals, the Eighth Circuit, and the Seventh Circuit. He is also an experienced trial litigator and has taken civil cases to final judgment through trials, dismissals, and summary judgments.
Jeff has represented parties in all areas of litigation, including commercial disputes, family law, employment, municipal law, products liability, criminal law, medical malpractice, and taxation. He has represented parties in significant matters involving issues of insurance coverage for over twenty years.
In addition to litigation, Jeff advises private entities and units of government on subjects such as elections, annexation, the Missouri Sunshine Law, and the Hancock Amendment.
Jeff is a frequent speaker on topics such as legal writing, appellate practice, preservation of error, and civil procedure.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1994)
- Order of the Woolsack
- Saint Louis University Law Journal (Editorial Board)
- Southern Illinois University (B.A., 1990)
- Missouri, 1994
- Illinois, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar (Appellate Practice Committee)
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (Board of Governors)
- Missouri Lawyer Trust Account Foundation (Board of Directors)
- Missouri Supreme Court Historical Society (Trustee)
- Eighth Circuit Bar Association
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Rebuilding Together St. Louis (Board Member, President 2022-2024)
- St. Louis Attorneys Against Hunger Committee (Chair 2021-2022)
- Catholic Legal Assistance Ministry Veterans Advocacy Project (volunteer)
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri Volunteer Lawyers Program (volunteer)
- Missouri High School Mock Trial Competition (Board Member)
- St. Louis Track Club (Board Member, Vice President 2017-present)
- St. Louis Bar Foundation (Board Member 2017-2022)
- Webster Groves School District Foundation (Board Member)
- Armstrong Teasdale Pro Bono Committee
- American Academy of Appellate Lawyers (Fellow)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2022)
- Missouri Lawyers Media Influential Appellate Advocate Award (2023)
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis President's Award (2020); Ronda F. Williams Community Awareness Award (2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Appellate Law (2013-present)
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Power List for Appellate Law (2022-present)
Before joining Armstrong Teasdale, Jeff served as a judicial clerk to Chief Justice Ann K. Covington of the Missouri Supreme Court.