Joseph Goff is a skilled trial attorney and former Associate Circuit Judge in the 24th Judicial Circuit in Missouri.
His work, both in private practice and on the bench, has provided him with an incredible depth of knowledge relating to the judicial process that translates to each client representation. Joe has extensive experience handling both civil and criminal matters at trial and more recently, he played a significant role in advising on COVID-19 policies and protocols.
Services and Industries
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Joe was Associate Circuit Judge, Division III, for the 24th Judicial Circuit, including St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Madison and Washington Counties in Missouri. He was appointed to the bench in April 2015 and was re-elected in November 2016 and November 2018. While there, Joe was active in both civil and criminal matters, and was also heavily involved in drafting Circuit-wide orders related to COVID-19 protocols. In addition, Joe spent more than five years as Circuit Appointing Authority in the 24th Circuit Juvenile Office, where he was responsible for the 50-employee office including hiring, firing and discipline.
Before that, Joe was Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in the St. Francois County Prosecuting Attorney's Office. He also spent several years in private practice as a trial attorney handling personal injury and wrongful death cases. He also held the position of Assistant Attorney General in the Missouri Attorney General’s Office.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Southeast Missouri State University (B.S., cum laude, 2007)
- Political Science
- Minor in Marketing
- NCAA Division I Championship Subdivision football team (Letterman)
- SEMO Dean’s List and Scholar-Athlete
- Ohio Valley Conference Scholar-Athlete
- Regents Scholarship Recipient
- Saint Louis University School of Law (Adjunct Professor – Trial Advocacy I, Spring 2017 and 2018)
- Upward Bound (Mentor, Summer 2017 and 2019)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Missouri Supreme Court Civic Education Committee (Vice-Chair, Presenter and Circuit Coordinator for 23rd Circuit (Jefferson County), 24th Circuit (Madison, Ste. Genevieve, St. Francois and Washington Counties))
- 24th Judicial Circuit Family Drug Court Steering Committee (Chairman)
- St. Francois County Opioid Consortium (Member)
- Farmington High School Extended Character Education Committee (Member)
- Missouri State Highway Patrol Community Alliance (Graduate, October 2018)
- Civic Education Award, Judicial Conference of Missouri (2021)
- Certified Court Manager, Missouri Court Management Institute (2019/2020)
- Citizen of the Year, St. Francois County Elks Law Enforcement Appreciation Banquet (2016)