Katie Ricks is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group. Previously she was an intern law clerk for the Hon. Judge Lisa Van Amburg of the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District of Missouri. Katie also worked at the Saint Louis University Civil Litigation Legal Clinic.
Katie assists employers and managers with issues such as workplace discrimination, ADA compliance, noncompete agreements and OSHA matters. Experienced in all aspects of trial preparation, she is well-versed in preparing and responding to discovery; drafting legal memoranda, petitions and orders; conducting depositions; witness preparation; and conducting settlement negotiations.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Dean’s List: Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017
- Academic Excellence Awards: Land Use Controls, Disability Law, Family Law
- Public Law Review Administrative Editor
- National Moot Court Team
- University of Puget Sound (B.A., 2010)
- International Political Economy
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (2011-2014)
- Judge Robert C. Dowd Sr. Appellate Advocacy Award: First Place
- National Moot Court Competition Regional Semifinalist
Katie was a summer associate with the firm before joining full time. Prior to attending law school, she worked in marketing and public relations and was an intern for the Missouri State Public Defender.