Katie Ricks is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group with experience in a range of civil litigation matters, including employment, workplace safety, personal injury, business litigation, noncompete and trade secrets, and construction disputes.
In her employment-focused litigation practice, Katie assists employers and managers with issues such as workplace safety, ADA compliance, discrimination, noncompete agreements and theft of trade secrets. Katie is also well-versed in catastrophic injury cases involving explosion, fire, electrocution and auto collisions.
Katie is experienced in all aspects of trial preparation, including case strategy and management, written discovery, depositions, witness preparation, motion practice, hearings and conducting negotiations.
Katie previously served as an intern law clerk to Judge Lisa Van Amburg in the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District, and participated in Saint Louis University’s Civil Litigation Legal Clinic.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Dean’s List
- Academic Excellence Awards: Land Use Controls, Disability Law, Family Law
- Public Law Review Administrative Editor
- National Moot Court Team
- University of Puget Sound (B.A., 2010)
- International Political Economy
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- CASA of St. Louis (Board Member, and Founder/Chair of Young Professionals Board, 2020; Court Appointed Special Advocate, 2011-2014)
- BAMSL Missouri High School Mock Trial Competition (Coach for Thomas Jefferson School team, 2019-present)
- BAMSL Young Lawyers Division, Communications Committee Chair (2020-present)
- Missouri Bar Pro Bono Wall of Fame (2018)
- Judge Robert C. Dowd Sr. Appellate Advocacy Award: First Place
- National Moot Court Competition Regional Semifinalist
Katie was a summer associate with the firm before joining full time. Prior to attending law school, she worked in marketing and public relations and was an intern for the Missouri State Public Defender.