Kevin Gale is an associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice group. He has experience handling patent prosecution and litigation support for clients across industries.
Kevin holds a Ph.D. in biochemistry, an M.B.A. and an undergraduate degree in toxicology, which, combined with his past pharmaceutical, biotechnology and financial industry experience, lend to his ability to analyze complex innovations for clients and secure or enforce comprehensive legal protections before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition to his experience evaluating intellectual property assets for investment and patent strategies, Kevin has been actively involved in patent preparation and prosecution. He has also participated in due diligence for patent infringement analysis and supported inter partes review proceedings.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale full time, Kevin held a summer co-op role with the firm. His legal background also includes working pro bono for the Drexel University Office of General Counsel handling matters related to technology commercialization and for the PA SeniorLAW Center.
Before that, Kevin worked in entrepreneurial business management, sales and marketing, product management and business development roles, where he proved instrumental in driving revenues and directing operations. He also conducted investment analysis and portfolio management for multi-strategy hedge funds where he focused primarily on pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and life science securities.
- Drexel University Kline School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2020)
- Intellectual Property and Business and Entrepreneurship Law
- Intellectual Property Law Society (President)
- Entrepreneurial Law Clinic
- Drexel University (M.B.A., 1999)
- Investment Management and Management Information Systems
- Vanderbilt University (Ph.D., 1992)
- National Cancer Institute Research Service Award
- University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (B.S., magna cum laude, 1986)
- Athletic Hall of Fame (Inductee)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Benjamin Franklin American Inn of Court (At-Large Board Member)
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (Certified Financial Risk Manager)
- CFA Institute and CFA Society of Philadelphia (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- MANNA Kitchen Volunteer