An associate in the firm’s Financial and Real Estate Services practice group, Kristen Koerber advises clients in all facets of real estate and finance transactions.
Kristen focuses her practice on representing municipalities, developers, investors, financial institutions, governmental bodies and other public and private entities in all aspects of real estate transactions, including the acquisition, sale, leasing, financing, development and construction of real property. She counsels clients on matters involving the issuance of notes and bonds related to Missouri Chapter 100, community improvement districts (CIDs), tax increment financing (TIF), transportation development districts (TDDs) and Kansas industrial revenue bonds (IRBs).
In addition, Kristen regularly drafts closing documents including estoppel certificates, various types of deeds, opinion letters, assignment and licensing agreements, corporate resolutions and third-party consents. She also drafts motions and petitions in complex litigation cases involving commercial transactions, banking, creditors’ rights, real estate and construction.
Her prior experience as a judicial intern and research assistant lends to her ability to assist with a wide range of contentious and noncontentious matters.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Kristen was a judicial intern at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri. Before that, she was an intern in the Trial Division of the Missouri State Public Defender’s Office in Kansas City.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2021)
- UMKC Law Review (Lead Articles Editor)
- Association of Women Law Students
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Business Law Association
- UMKC Law Admissions Emissary
- Dean’s List
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln (B.J., 2018)
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Kappa Alpha Theta Standards Committee
- CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) KC
- UMKC Law Young Alumni Committee
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- American Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division; Business Law Section, Business Bankruptcy Committee)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (Student Member, 2018-2021)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Big Brothers Big Sisters BIG Impact Group Board Member
- People’s City Mission (2017-2018)