Lewis Glasson is a solicitor advocate in the firm’s U.K. Litigation practice group. He was called to the bar by Gray’s Inn in 2010 before cross-qualifying in 2017 as a solicitor with rights of audience to appear before the Higher Courts of England and Wales.
Before and during his cross-qualification, Lewis gained a wide spectrum of experience from corporate and insolvency, to conveyancing and general commercial dispute resolution. He now focuses on both commercial and property litigation and professional negligence. Lewis has experience in a wide variety of issues and regularly takes instructions from individuals, companies, sporting institutions and other bodies in matters as follows.
- Possession claims (of both commercial and residential property)
- Claims for breach of covenant
- Trespass and forfeiture claims
- Recovery of rent and service charge arrears
- Lease extensions
- 1954 Act claims
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Commercial contract disputes
- Commercial Fraud
- Enforcement of ticket terms and conditions
- Professional negligence claims (mainly against legal professionals)
- Alternative dispute resolution (such as mediation)
Lewis also assists our property and sports law divisions from time-to-time, and – as a solicitor advocate – he regularly undertakes his own advocacy before the County Court and the High Courts.
Lewis also delivers pro bono services.
Services and Industries
- Real Estate
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Asbestos Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Governance and Compliance
- Government Contracts
- Internal Investigations and Regulatory Compliance
- Outside General Counsel
- Product Liability
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Consumer Products and Services
- Energy and Utilities
- Health Care and Life Sciences
- Real Estate, Development, Construction
After spending his formative years working in law firms and advocating in courts across the North West of England and North Wales, Lewis cross-qualified and was an associate solicitor at Kerman & Co. in London before the firm combined with Armstrong Teasdale in early 2021.
- BPP University Law School (Higher Rights of Audience, 2017)
- BPP University Law School (LPC, 2016)
- Nottingham Trent University (2010)
- Bar Vocational Course
- University of Liverpool (LL.B., 2009)
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2017
- Called to the Bar of England and Wales, 2010
- Gray’s Inn (Member, 2010-present)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Southern SWA (Founder and Joint Principal) – a supporters club for Tranmere Rovers fans based in the south of England with over 1,000 members. Lewis helps to run the organisation on a day-to-day basis and works with TRFC on community and other projects on a voluntary basis.