Michael Vander Molen is a registered U.S. patent attorney counseling clients through the various stages of product design and development.
For organizations ranging from start-up companies to Fortune 500 companies, Michael prepares and prosecutes U.S. and international patent applications, and ensures that patents are not vulnerable to competitors’ challenges. He concentrates on a broad range of technologies with a focus on mechanical, chemical engineering and materials science matters. Michael has worked on a broad range of technologies including those relating to polysilicon production, ethanol reforming, glyphosate production and parallel synthesis techniques.
Working closely with inventors, in-house counsel, and patent examiners, Michael counsels through the various phases of product design and development to ensure suitable patent protection and strategic consistency. He also provides freedom-to-operate guidance and opinions to clients to maximize market potential of their commercial goods.
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., with high distinction, 2005)
- Journal of Corporation Law (2003-2004)
- Iowa State University (B.S., with distinction, 2002)
- Chemical Engineering
- Missouri, 2005
- Iowa, 2007
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The Missouri Bar
- The Iowa State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association