Michelle Alarie is a member of Armstrong Teasdale’s Litigation practice group providing counsel in complex commercial and general litigation matters to individuals and businesses of all sizes. Michelle’s practice encompasses litigation in federal court and all levels of state court. She most often prosecutes and defends cases involving bad faith insurance and coverage litigation, employment and labor matters including wrongful discharge and violations of state and federal anti-discrimination laws, construction and lien rights, contract disputes, business tort claims, breach of fiduciary duties, banking and real property issues. Michelle’s practice also encompasses federal criminal defense work.
In addition to her litigation practice, Michelle counsels clients in alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration. Michelle couples her creativity and extensive knowledge of the law and civil procedure to achieve positive results for each of her clients.
Michelle is a member of the firm’s Associate Committee.
- William S. Boyd School of Law - University of Nevada, Las Vegas (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- Nevada Law Journal (2008-2010); Society of Advocates, Moot Court Team (2007-2010)
- University of Hawaii, Manoa (B.A., with distinction, 2005)
- Political Science
- Nevada, 2010
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Southern Nevada Association of Women Attorneys
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Commercial Litigation (2021)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2016-present)
- Nevada Business Magazine's "Legal Elite" (2016-present)
Prior to joining the firm, Michelle gained significant civil litigation experience as the judicial law clerk for the Honorable Rob Bare of the Eighth Judicial District Court for Clark County, Nevada. Before that, Michelle served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Bruce A. Markell (Ret.) in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada.