Rachel Zender is a member of the firm’s Financial and Real Estate Services practice group, focusing in finance and real estate, bankruptcy, corporate governance and tax law.
A former banking professional with nine years of regulatory, consulting and private sector experience, Rachel brings a unique depth of knowledge to each client representation. She has extensive knowledge of state and federal banking regulations, as well as lending and loan covenants, creditor/debtor rights, foreclosures and bankruptcy, real estate and probate law.
In addition to prior financial institution and risk management roles, Rachel held internships with the Department of Justice – Office of the Trustee, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri under the Hon. Stephen Bough, and the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Western District of Missouri, under the Hon. Cynthia Martin. Her experience includes conducting research and drafting motions, complaints and other pleadings.
Prior to attending law school, Rachel worked in the financial services and banking industry, including for a major financial institution with locations spanning the Midwest as a vice president, and also for the Iowa Division of Banking as a bank examiner. Further, she worked as a senior consultant in risk advisory services for an audit, tax and consulting firm in the Kansas City area.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2020)
- Dean’s List
- Pro Bono Honors (requires at least 200 service hours)
- Law Review (Lead Articles Editor)
- Phi Delta Phi
- Estates & Trusts Society President
- Business Law Association
- University of Iowa – Tippie College of Business (B.B.A., 2008)
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (Student Member, 2018-2020)
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City (2018-present)
- Risk Management Association, Kansas City Chapter (Member, 2013-2017)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) (Member, 2015-2016)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) (Volunteer, 2018-2020)
- Junior Achievement (Volunteer, 2015-2017)
- Teach Children to Save (Volunteer, 2015-2017)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters (Volunteer, 2008-2013)