Rashid Gaissin is a partner in Armstrong Teasdale’s Corporate law practice with over 20 years of experience advising local and international clients on a wide range of legal issues. His experience spans numerous sectors including banking and corporate finance, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, retail and consumer markets, metals and mining, aviation and electronics.
Rashid also works with public- and private-sector clients, their shareholders and top management, and has advised on various finance transactions, international investments, regulatory work and negotiations.
Rashid has been recognised as a leading legal practitioner in the areas of natural resources, finance and corporate law in various directories, and has presented at more than 300 conferences and seminars in Kazakhstan, the U.K. and internationally over the last 15 years.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Rashid was the head of legal practice in Kazakhstan and Central Asia for a Big Four accounting firm. Before that, he was co-managing partner of a large regional international law firm, where he led the transactions practice, including large cross-border transactions, M&A deals, and acquisitions or disposals of enterprises for transnational corporations, industrial companies and financial institutions.
Earlier in his career, Rashid led the legal practice in Kazakhstan and the Eurasia region at another Big Four accounting firm, and before that, spent more than nine years as managing partner of the largest Central Asian law firm.
- BPP University Law School (LPC, 2004)
- BPP University Law School (Postgraduate Diploma, 2003)
- Dundee University (LL.M., with distinction, 2000)
- Petroleum Law and Policy
- KAZGUU University (Diploma in Law, with distinction, 1998)
- England and Wales, 2022
- British Kazakh Law Association (Chairman)
- Kazakhstan Bar Association (KazBar) (Founding member)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- KIMEP Law School Mentorship Program (Founding Member)
- Who is Who Legal, Leading legal practitioner for Natural Resources, Finance and Corporate in Kazakhstan (2009-present)
- Legal 500 Kazakhstan (Corporate, Commercial and M&A, 2019-2020; Banking, Finance and Capital Markets and Energy and Natural Resources, 2019)