Sarah Sise practices exclusively in the heavily regulated and constantly evolving field of employee benefits and executive compensation. She advises a wide range of clients, including closely held companies, tax-exempt organizations and public companies.
Sarah brings over 20 years of experience to the firm and partners with clients to establish, design and implement qualified retirement plans, non-qualified arrangements, welfare and fringe benefit plans, and executive compensation programs. She also guides clients through plan audits and service provider changes.
This counseling involves advice regarding designing plans to best serve the client’s workforce, complying with the complicated regulatory schemes that govern these benefits, and problem-solving for the myriad issues that arise for employers offering a broad range of benefits and incentive compensation programs. By monitoring and analyzing new legislation and regulations, Sarah is able to provide strategic, on-going counsel regarding compliance, employee communication and general operation of these plans.
Many employers face challenging administrative issues with 401(k) plans, Affordable Care Act compliance, equity and incentive compensation awards, and other benefit programs. Sarah assists employers with understanding these issues and managing risk related to benefit plans and compensation programs.
In addition, Sarah serves as chair of the firm’s Inclusion Committee and is heavily involved in the Armstrong Teasdale Women’s Inclusion Network. She works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer and firm management to ensure that the firm’s programs and initiatives are carried out, and also supports the firm’s involvement in local and national affinity organizations.
- University of Illinois (J.D., magna cum laude, 1997)
- Order of the Coif
- Maryville University (B.S., magna cum laude, 1994)
- Actuarial Science
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Armstrong Teasdale Inclusion Committee (Co-Chair), Women's Inclusion Network Committee (Member)
- Law360, Benefits Editorial Advisory Board (2020)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Habitat for Humanity St. Louis (Board Member)
- Most Influential Business Women, St. Louis Business Journal (2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2008-present); Lawyer of the Year (2016)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Fellow (2019)
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah led the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group at another St. Louis area firm.