Stephen Hall serves as head of the firm’s immigration practice in the U.K. and is a recognized immigration lawyer by the Legal 500.
Stephen is a dual qualified lawyer in the U.K. and Ireland, focusing on a full range of U.K. immigration matters for corporate clients across various industries including banking, tech, architecture, TV/film and sports, as well as international law firms. Stephen also handles complex private client cases including British nationality and other applications under European law. With 12 years of experience in immigration law, Stephen has a broad technical knowledge. He provides client-focused, practical and straightforward advice.
Stephen’s primary experience includes:
- Sponsor Licence applications
- Skilled Worker visas
- Intra Company Transfer (ICT) visas
- Naturalisation and settlement/permanent residence
- EU Settlement Scheme
- Right to Work compliance
- European residence cards and EEA family permits
- Tier 5 (creative and sports) visas
- Spouse applications
- Sole representative visas
- Visitor visas
Stephen is also experienced at handling and resolving Sponsor Licence suspensions or revocations, including the Judicial Review process.
With the end of EU free movement and the new points-based U.K. immigration system being implemented, Stephen is involved in lobbying on behalf of businesses and providing high-level strategic thinking for the future of U.K. immigration.
U.K. immigration authorities have recently moved toward stricter enforcement and compliance, and Stephen is actively counseling clients regarding those changes. Stephen has attended numerous immigration audits and has an excellent track record of obtaining Sponsor Licences and drafting robust internal policies and procedures to pass any future audits. Stephen works closely with the firm’s employment team to ensure HR policies are both immigration and employment law compliant.
Stephen served as a senior associate and head of immigration at Kerman & Co. in London, where he worked for three years before joining Armstrong Teasdale when the firms combined in early 2021. Before that, he worked at other top-rated London immigration firms, and as a paralegal and trainee solicitor for a Big Four accounting firm. He qualified as a solicitor in 2012.
- BPP University Law School (LPC, 2007)
- BPP University Law School (GDL, Commendation, 2006)
- The University of Manchester (MSc, Hons, 2005)
- The University of Manchester (BSc, Hons, 2004)
- Business Management
- England and Wales, 2012
- Republic of Ireland, 2018
- Immigration Lawyers Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
- Law Society England
- Irish Law Society
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- ReachOut youth charity, Hackney, London (Mentor)
- The Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer, Immigration (2021-present)