Wendi Alper-Pressman is an experienced financial and real estate services partner having served financial institutions and their customers for decades. Her practice focuses on representing both borrowers and lenders in connection with construction financing, asset-based loan facilities and commercial real estate loans.
Wendi has worked with a wide range of clients, including developers, business owners, finance companies and banks of all sizes, on issues such as loan workouts and restructurings, forbearance agreements, foreclosures, bankruptcy proceedings, enforcement actions, lender liability and other litigation.
She has litigated dischargeability complaints, preferences and fraudulent conveyance actions, as well as issues relating to the allowance of claims, validity of liens and executory contracts. Wendi is also experienced in bankruptcy filings on behalf of unsecured creditors, as well as the development and implementation of sophisticated strategies on behalf of secured creditors, equipment lessors, landlords and official unsecured creditors’ committees, including retiree committees.
Recently, Wendi has also represented several law firms in connection with negotiating and structuring of litigation financing transactions with nontraditional lenders and has prepared nonconsolidation opinions for special purpose entities in connection with securitized loan facilities.
Services and Industries
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Wendi served as a partner in the St. Louis office of a large national law firm.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., 1982)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Missouri Bar Association (Financial Services Committee, 2015-2020)
- Risk Management Association (Board of Directors, 2008-present; President, 2015)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Journal of Urban and Contemporary Law (Associate Editor)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, Board of Directors (2009-present); Leading Ladies Committee (2010 -present); Finance Committee (2021-present)
- St. Louis County Industrial Development Authority, Board Member
- Clayton Community Foundation, Board Member/Major Gifts Committee/Maryland Park Committee
- AccessMO, Board Member
- Most Influential Business Women, St. Louis Business Journal (2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2017-present); Lawyer of the Year (2023)
- Mentor Honoree, Missouri Lawyers Media Up & Coming Awards (2020)
- 500 Leading U.S. Bankruptcy & Restructuring Lawyers, Lawdragon (2020, 2022)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2012-present); Top 50 Women in Missouri and Kansas (2015–2016); Top 50 in St. Louis (2016)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell