Marc Vander Tuig focuses on high-stakes patent litigation. He has helped his clients win complex patent cases in district courts throughout the United States and at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Marc also has extensive experience handling contested cases at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including inter partes review, covered business method review and interference proceedings.
Marc has litigated many other types of intellectual property and commercial disputes in federal court. These cases include trademark, trade dress, trade secrets and antitrust cases.
Marc assists clients with a variety of other intellectual property matters, including patent counseling and opinions, due diligence and licensing. His experience spans a wide range of industries, including semiconductors, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, chemicals, electronics, motors and software.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Order of the Coif
- Law Review Editorial Board
- University of Missouri (B.S., 1996)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (Former Chair, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Section)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Southminster Presbyterian Church (Member, Property and Finance Commission)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Patent Litigation (2015-present)
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® (2013-present)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Up and Coming Attorney (2014)
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2009, 2011-2012)
Before joining Armstrong Teasdale, Marc led the PTAB proceedings practice at another St. Louis law firm.