Companies devote considerable time, effort and expense to crafting the words, logos, designs and other creative elements—even the business name itself—that solidify their identity in the public’s minds and distinguish their brands and products from competitors.
To protect that investment, some of the most well-known companies turn to Armstrong Teasdale’s Trademark practice area for the global management and protection of trademarks, trade dress and internet-related assets.
Our Intellectual Property (IP) lawyers and professionals have a broad range of experience, including former in-house counsel for some of the most widely recognized global brands. They are experienced in the preparation and prosecution of trademark and service mark applications domestically and around the world, as well as opposition and cancellation efforts before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and around the world.
The Trademark team works closely with lawyers in the copyright, patent, international, corporate and litigation practice areas to protect and enforce clients’ rights worldwide. This close collaboration offers each client the full benefit of our lawyers’ knowledge in every situation.
The services we provide to our clients include:
- Advising on whether brands are registrable as trademarks
- Conducting trademark searches and providing risk analysis associated with the adoption and use of new trademarks, service marks, trade dress, logos and slogans
- Filing and prosecuting trademark applications and maintaining registrations around the world
- Negotiating and advising clients regarding inbound and outbound trademark assignments, licenses and consent, coexistence and other related agreements
- Advertising, marketing and social media content review and counseling, including the creation and implementation of marketing promotions, sweepstakes and contests
- Product and packaging review and counseling
- Monitoring and enforcing trademark rights around the world, including watch notice services, online marketplace research, oppositions, cancellations, and trademark and trade dress litigation
- Managing investigations and enforcement actions against counterfeiters in the U.S., U.K., Europe, China and across the globe
- Defending against trademark enforcement actions
- Intellectual property due diligence and related aspects of complex business transactions, specifically brand acquisitions and divestitures