Alicia Ashcraft is managing attorney of the firm's Las Vegas office. A skilled transactional, corporate and administrative law attorney, her practice encompasses complex commercial transactions, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance matters. With more than 20 years of experience representing clients in highly regulated industries such as cannabis and hemp, gaming, liquor and transportation services, Alicia advises businesses through all phases of operation – from startups, through financing, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, land use and licensing.
Since 2013, Alicia has focused her practice on counseling marijuana and hemp businesses through the regulatory process and emerging legal issues. This includes all phases of the application and operation process.
Alicia has significant experience handling a variety of complex commercial transactions, including entity selection and formation, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and real estate. Additionally, she has represented both borrowers and lenders in large commercial real estate transactions.
She also has represented clients before regulatory bodies and government agencies in administrative matters, including the Nevada Athletic Commission, Nevada Transportation Authority, Nevada Gaming Commission, Nevada Gaming Control Board, and Clark County and the City of Las Vegas, Nevada.
A frequent speaker and lecturer, Alicia commonly covers topics affecting businesses in the marijuana industry and for other professionals representing such businesses. She also conducts compliance training for establishment agents working in such businesses, and discusses ethical rules and considerations for professionals working with industry operators.
Prior to joining the firm, Alicia was co-founder and managing partner at Ashcraft & Barr, LLP. Before that, she was in private practice for more than 15 years with other firms in the Las Vegas area.
- Seattle University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- Greenville College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1992)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- State Bar of Nevada; Cannabis Law Section (Chair, 2019-present), Administrative Law Section (Chair, 2008-2011, 2013)
- International Cannabis Bar Association, Lifetime Member
- Southern Nevada Association of Women Attorneys
- Law360 Cannabis Editorial Advisory Board (2020)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Honor Flight Southern Nevada
- St. Francis de Sales Catholic School (Advisory Council Member, 2016-present)
- St. Thomas More Society (Member)
- Cannabis Law Trailblazer, National Law Journal (2020)
- AV® Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell (2013-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2019-present)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Top Rated Business & Corporate Attorney (2019), Rising Star (2008)
- Nevada Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite” (2013, 2020)