Andrew Zimmerman is a commercial litigator in Armstrong Teasdale’s Financial and Real Estate Services practice group focusing on banking litigation and related matters, complex business disputes, and fiduciary litigation primarily concerning trusts and probate estates.
Andrew represents clients in banking litigation and related matters involving debtor and creditor rights, lender liability, distressed loans, loan restructurings and workouts (both in and out of bankruptcy), receiverships, foreclosure proceedings, successor liability issues, tax credits, lien priority disputes, post-judgment collection activities, and other real estate transactions. He routinely counsels both creditors and debtors on methods of insuring that their respective interests are protected. Andrew is skilled at protecting the interests of both creditors and debtors in all types of commercial transactions and litigation to maximize recoveries, minimize or avoid losses, and protect collateral.
Complex Commercial Litigation
Andrew counsels clients in complex business disputes, including those relating to shareholder disputes, fraud, contract actions and real estate disputes in various state and federal courts around the country.
Trusts and Estates Litigation
Andrew handles matters for clients in fiduciary litigation, including those involving representing individual beneficiaries in protecting and defending their rights against inappropriate actions of fiduciaries and other beneficiaries, will and trust contests, and advising fiduciaries and beneficiaries with respect to the interpretation of language used in wills and trusts.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Washington University - Olin Business School (M.B.A., 2011)
- Loyola University Chicago (B.S., summa cum laude, 2005)
- Missouri, 2011
- District of Columbia, 2012
- Virginia, 2012
- Illinois, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew was in private practice at a large law firm in Washington, D.C.