Ashley Shapiro has more than a decade of experience defending clients in criminal litigation, internal investigations and corporate compliance matters. A strong advocate and trial lawyer, she has experience at both the federal and state levels across many jurisdictions, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. She has also presented numerous appeals to the Third Circuit.
Ashley represents individuals and corporations in regulatory investigations and grand jury proceedings often involving securities and financial matters. She has deep knowledge of criminal law and strategically guides her clients before federal courts and regulatory bodies. Her representations also extend to the energy, health care and life sciences, and higher education sectors.
With extensive experience counseling clients in complex fraud cases, including those related to health care, bankruptcy and financial fraud, criminal tax violations and RICO matters, Ashley is often recognized for her even-keeled demeanor and matter-of-fact approach. Ashley has also defended clients in crimes in Philadelphia and New Jersey Municipal Courts. Further, she is well versed in handling administrative proceedings, such as Title IX investigations and matters related to student conduct.
Ashley is active in the legal community. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL), and is a member of the White Collar, CLE and Next Gen Committees. Ashley also serves as the co-chair of the Programming Committee for the Women’s White Collar Defense Association – Philadelphia Chapter, and is a member of the Development Committee – Chapters Activities Team for the National Chapter. Ashley is a member of the Criminal Law Committee for the Federal Bar Association in the Eastern District and a member of the Association of the Federal Bar in New Jersey.
Services and Industries
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Ashley practiced at a national law firm in Center City Philadelphia. Over the past decade, she has worked as an attorney at firms of all sizes in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (LL.M., 2011)
- Trial Advocacy
- Florida A&M University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- University of Central Florida (B.A., cum laude, 2005)
- Psychology and Legal Studies
- Women’s Rowing Team, Division 1
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL) (Board of Directors; White Collar Committee, Next Gen Committee and CLE Committee, Member)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) (Member)
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association (WWCDA), Philadelphia Chapter (Co-Chair, Programing Committee; Advisor, Mentoring Program)
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association (WWCDA), National Chapter (Mentoring Co-Chair of the Young Professional’s Committee; Development Committee - Chapters Activities Team, Member)
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association, New Jersey Chapter (Member)
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Federal Bar Association, Criminal Law Committee
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- Camden County Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones To Watch, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law and Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2021)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Rising Star – White-Collar Defense (2019-present)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Rising Star – Criminal Defense (2016 – 2018)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, Rising Star – Criminal Defense (2016 - 2018, 2020-present)
- The Legal Intelligencer, Lawyers on the Fast Track (2017)