Chris is a senior partner in the firm's Intellectual Property practice group who helps large companies secure, protect and enforce intellectual property rights.
With an emphasis in medical device, chemical and biochemical patent preparation and prosecution, Chris counsels clients on freedom-to-operate issues, patent infringement issues, patentability and other due diligence issues.
He also prepares noninfringement and invalidity opinions. Chris is actively involved in working with clients in numerous post grant review matters, including a number of reexamination matters and Inter Partes reviews.
Chris’ experience involves a variety of subject matters, such as small molecule design and development, and pharmaceuticals related to kidney disease, pain treatments, high cholesterol and cancer; medical devices and related manufacturing processes for cardiology and vascular access products; implantable cardiac devices; herbicide-tolerant crops; herbicides; fungicides; pesticides; antibodies; vaccines; pediatric and adult nutritionals; polymeric materials; gene sequencing; and electrochemistry.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (M.S., 1992)
- Chemistry (Biochemistry)
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (B.S., 1991)
- Missouri, 1995
- Illinois, 1996
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Armstrong Teasdale Executive Committee
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers in Business for Intellectual Property (2012-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Patent Law (2011-present)
- IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Professionals (2021)
- Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars (2021)