Our Commercial practice is led by solutions-based, experienced commercial lawyers who are dedicated to helping both domestic and international businesses with all the contractual, commercial and trading issues they may face.
Our lawyers bring a detailed understanding of how organizations work and recognize the key business drivers relevant to each specific industry sector. This knowledge and experience helps them to steer clients through the entire life cycle of the client’s business, from startup to sale, providing practical legal solutions to real-world business challenges.
As a firm, we are heavily focused on the technology sector and regularly advise clients on matters relating to information technology, privacy and data security, intellectual property, outsourcing and procurement. We have significant experience in software development, software licensing and other technology-related matters.
Our clients benefit from the delivery of high caliber international commercial advice from our cross-functional, multinational teams that work together to achieve effective business solutions for each client’s unique circumstances.
Our experience includes the review, preparation and negotiation of various commercial agreements, terms and policies, including:
- Commercial contracts, such as logistics, IT contracts, franchising, outsourcing, sale and hire of goods, supply of services, manufacturing, variation agreements, distribution, sales representative and agency, logistics, sponsorship, advertising, e-commerce, licenses and assignments
- Software licences, SaaS contracts, managed services agreements, co-location and hosting agreements, development agreements and IT procurement contracts
- Other procurement arrangements of all types, such as for facility services, equipment purchasing and leasing, supplies and recruitment agents
- Terms and conditions
- Data protection policies and relevant compliance issues (such as the Global Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act)
- Advertising and marketing agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements, joint development, strategic alliances, IP licensing and image rights
- Outsourcing agreements (including where an in-house function moves to, or between, service providers)