This Cookie Statement explains what cookies are, how we use them on our Site, and what benefits they bring to your experience when you visit our Site.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can the cookies you use pass on my Personal Information to others?
AT will not share any Personal Information gathered through cookies on this Site with third parties, other than with service providers acting on our behalf to enhance your experience and provide us with information regarding your experience so we can provide you (our clients and other visitors) with excellent service. In this regard, we do use experience/insight cookies on our Site to help us make the Site experience better for you when you visit it and in order to do so we must share certain limited information with our third party analytics providers.
Do cookies compromise my security?
No, in fact, many of the cookies used on our Site are used purely to provide important security features such as protecting your Personal Information.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on your computer, smartphone, or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
Some of the functions that cookies perform can also be achieved using similar technologies. While this policy refers to ‘cookies’ throughout, the term includes these alternate mechanisms.
More information about cookies, including how to disable them, can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Can cookies allow others access to my computer’s hard drive?
The cookies we use cannot look into your computer, smartphone, or web-enabled device and obtain information about you or your family or read any material kept on your hard drive.
If I use a public computer, will someone be able to get my details from the cookies?
Our cookies cannot be used by anyone else who has access to the computer to find out anything about you, other than the fact that someone using the computer may have visited a certain website.
TYPES OF COOKIES
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two general types of cookies on our Site:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use our Site (or more specifically, until you close the browser after using our Site). Session cookies help our Site understand what you chose on the previous page, thereby enhancing your experience while you are visiting our Site.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our Site. Persistent cookies help our Site recognize you the next time you visit it and help us identify you as a unique visitor.
These cookies are essential to the running of our Site and necessary for the functionality of your client or visitor experience while on our Site.
We would suggest that you not disable essential/necessary cookies because they allow us to:
- Remember and recognize your cookie preferences;
- Provide critical website functionality; and
- See if something isn't working properly, so we can fix it quickly.
The essential/necessary cookies that are used by AT are:
- cuvid – This cookie is used to determine your unique visits to our Site and it is updated with each page you view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that the application uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure. This cookie expires two years from being set/updated.
- cusid – This cookie is used to establish and continue your user session on our Site. When you visit a page on our Site, the script code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time you visit a different page on our Site, this cookie is updated to expire in thirty minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as your activity on our Site continues within thirty-minute intervals. This cookie expires when you rest on a page on our Site for longer than thirty minutes.
- cuvon – This cookie is used to signal the last time you visited a page on our Site. This cookie expires thirty minutes from being set/updated.
- _cfduid – This cookie is used by a third party service provider acting on our behalf to quickly deliver the content of our Site by identifying trusted web traffic. This cookie expires one year from being set.
- JSESSIONID – This cookie is used to manage your user session affinity on our Site. It helps to preserve your visit to our Site by associating all page requests coming from you with a single application. This cookie expires at the end of your session.
- screen_dimensions – This cookie is used for responsive design to automatically resize, hide, shrink, or enlarge our Site to make it look good on any device. This cookie expires in 29,565 days.
- ServerID – This cookie identifies the server that delivered the last page to the browser and is used for load balancing purposes to enhance availability and performance of our Site. This cookie expires at the end of your session.
- use_mobile – This cookie is used for responsive design to automatically adjust our Site to properly fit the size of a web browser window to make it look good across devices. This cookie expires in one day.
- WordPress – These cookies are used to verify when we log into the Site to collect information about your user experience.
These cookies help us to make sure you have the best possible experience and client service on our Site by helping us to:
- Make the Site easier to use and help you find what you need more easily;
- Test and improve the content you see; and
- Understand how you found out about AT and our services.
The experience/insight cookies that are used by AT are:
- _ga – This cookie is used by Google Analytics to distinguish clients and other visitors to our Site. This cookie expires two years from being set.
- _gid – This cookie is used by Google Analytics to distinguish clients and other visitors to our Site. This cookie expires twenty-four hours from being set.
- _gat – This cookie is used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate. This cookie expires one minute after being set.
These cookies help us manage the online advertising you see on our Site by allowing us to:
- Control how often you'll see our advertisements online;
- Show you relevant messages and offers; and
- Make your online experience better and more consistent.
The marketing cookies that are used by AT are:
- collect – This cookie is used to send information to Google Analytics about your device and your activity while visiting our Site. It tracks your visits to our Site across devices and marketing channels. This cookie expires at end of your session.
- _atuvc – This cookie is used by the AddThis social sharing tool and is embedded in our Site to enable your sharing of content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. This cookie expires two years after being set.
- _atssc – This cookie is used by the AddThis social sharing tool and is embedded in our Site to enable your sharing of content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. This cookie expires two years after being set.
Disabling these cookies won’t stop you from seeing our advertising. In fact, you could see more advertisements from us and they could be less relevant to you.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR COOKIES
The browsers of most computers, smartphones, and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for our Site, any local sites, or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this.
However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our Site. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our Site works.
MORE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
AT wants you to know that we respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding and protecting your privacy in connection with processing your Personal Information.