Dan Burke, a member of the Financial and Real Estate Services practice group, counsels clients on matters that include the purchase, sale, leasing, financing and development of real estate. Recognizing that the best result may not always be the most obvious, Dan prides himself in providing actionable, results-oriented advice that goes beyond basic legal analysis.
National and regional companies turn to Dan for guidance in the site selection and project approval process. He has helped obtain planning and zoning approvals for a variety of uses.
A growing portion of Dan’s practice focuses on development incentives. He represents developers in implementing incentives such as tax increment financing, Missouri’s Chapter 100 industrial revenue bonds, transportation development district (TDD) and community improvement district (CID) financing, and Chapter 353 tax abatement.
Dan also assists lenders with loan documentation, modification and loss mitigation. He negotiates and facilitates favorable results through workouts, restructurings, receiverships and liquidation of real estate portfolios, including foreclosure and deficiency pursuit where required.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Scholar in Law Award Recipient
- Miami University - Oxford, Ohio (B.A., cum laude, 2003)
- Philosophy and American Studies
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Missouri, 2005
- Illinois, 2007
- Nevada, 2007
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of Nevada
- Armstrong Teasdale Hiring Committee (Chair)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Armstrong Teasdale Michael Tramble Memorial Scholarship Fund Campaign Committee (Chair, 2017–present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Real Estate Law (2020)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2015-present)
Dan has spent his entire career at Armstrong Teasdale since starting as a summer associate in 2005.