Jill Palmquist guides clients in planning for their future and protecting their assets during times of illness, disability and death. Practicing primarily in estate planning, she has the experience and resources to create ways to manage wealth, preserve the interests of family members and heirs, address gift and estate tax issues and translate aspirations into a sound and sustainable plan.
For families and individuals, Jill utilizes instruments such as powers of attorney, wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts and business entities. She has experience in dealing with special assets including closely held stock, 401(k) plans, and traditional and ROTH IRAs; and in working with situations requiring extra consideration, like planning in the context of a second marriage, special needs trusts and asset protection.
Jill continues to work with clients after instruments are signed to fully implement estate plans through properly structured property transfers and beneficiary designations. She also works with individual beneficiaries and individuals appointed as agents, personal representatives and successor trustees to properly administer instruments making up an estate plan, including preparing estate, gift and fiduciary income tax returns, funding trusts created at death, making distributions to beneficiaries and opening probate proceedings.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1991)
- Order of Woolsack
- University of Dallas (B.A., 1988)
- Missouri, 1991
- Illinois, 1992
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
- Parkside Financial Professionals Committee (PFPC)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Archdiocese of St. Louis (Planned Giving and Endowment Council)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2016-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Trusts and Estates (2016-present)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell