John O’Brien counsels clients in connection with all aspects of lending transactions, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
He devotes his practice principally to the representation of banks and commercial finance companies. He handles lending transactions, including asset-based and cash flow loans, syndicated credit facilities, loan participations, subordinated debt arrangements, tax credit financings, mezzanine financings, loan workouts, restructuring and foreclosures.
In addition, John advises clients with respect to buying and selling businesses, corporate governance matters, contract negotiation and dispute resolution.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1993)
- Rockhurst University (B.S.B.A., 1987)
- Missouri, 1993
- Illinois, 1994
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Tower Grove Park (Member - Building and Grounds Committee; Director – Tower Grove Park Foundation)
- St. Stephen Athletic Association (Past President)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Banking and Finance Law (2013-present)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
John's experience prior to joining the firm included supervisory positions in the banking and finance industry.