Joe Hipskind is a partner in the Financial and Real Estate Services practice group. He counsels clients on a wide range of corporate and franchise matters and real estate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, commercial and residential development, leasing and commercial finance.
Joe has extensive experience representing franchisees, retailers, homebuilders, auto dealers, commercial tenants and sports facility owners across the U.S. He handles documentation and negotiation of partnership, LLC, joint venture, acquisition, leasing, franchise, development and easement agreements. His practice frequently involves representation of entrepreneurs involved in buying and developing multi-unit and other franchise development rights.
He represents both local and regional borrowers and lenders, as well as insurance companies, in the negotiation of general commercial loans, development loans and equity financing transactions. The matters range widely in terms of size and collateral.
Joe also has extensive experience negotiating license agreements for professional athletes and has handled relocation and acquisition matters involving NFL and NHL teams.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- Northwestern University (B.S., 1989)
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar Association
- St. Louis University School of Law, Adjunct Professor of Law (2002-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) (2019-present)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Business/Corporate Law (2011-2012)
- Named among the “40 Under 40” by the St. Louis Business Journal (2006)
- First Annual Ashley Children's Award, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (1995)
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Joe spent more than 17 years in private practice at an area law firm, where he served as chairman of the General Business Division and vice chair of the Private Business Division. Before that, he worked at Armstrong Teasdale, advising clients on corporate and real estate matters.