Joshua Liebman represents clients in litigation arising out of business relationships and commercial transactions including real estate, intellectual property and employment disputes.
Josh has substantial experience with disputes among partners, members and shareholders in closely held companies, as well as with representing clients in private equity, the live music and event space, and the direct sales and gaming industries. He has represented individuals as well as companies ranging in size from two-person partnerships to publicly traded global entities. In doing so, he has defended the depositions of powerful CEOs and worked closely with general counsels and other business executives.
Josh takes great pride in learning his client’s business so he and the client can collaboratively formulate a litigation strategy that both addresses the dispute head on and protects the client’s commercial interests.
Josh was previously a lawyer at Novack and Macey in Chicago, where he served as co-chair of the Partnership and Closely Held Corporation Disputes practice group, and joined Armstrong Teasdale in 2023.
- Loyola University (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Loyola University Law Journal
- Niagara International Moot Court Competition
- Tulane University (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Jewish Council for Youth Services (Board of Directors)
- Illinois Super Lawyers® (2009-present)
- Illinois Leading Lawyer for Commercial Litigation (2020-present)
- 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch, Law Bulletin Publishing Company (2016)