Trial attorney Karen Baudendistel defends corporate clients sued in wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases. In the past two decades, she has taken more than 20 cases to conclusion as lead trial counsel in the state courts of Missouri and Illinois and in the federal courts in the Eastern District of Missouri, Eastern Division and the Southern District of Illinois.
Companies in the utility, mechanical, electrical and industrial equipment industries look to Karen to defend their people and products. She often handles matters involving products, contact with power lines, burn exposure, elevators, high-end car accidents, speedboats, premises liability and professional liability.
Karen has an inherent understanding of the jury’s perspective, which offers a unique viewpoint in developing case strategies. Her goal is to resolve litigation efficiently and to the client’s satisfaction. Resolution of a civil dispute can be achieved in many ways, and often a telephone call to an opposing counsel can do more to solve a dispute than a flurry of documents and expensive court appearances. Karen strives to be a true professional, with the understanding that this requires always putting the client’s interests first.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Journal of Urban and Contemporary Law (Member)
- Carleton College (B.A., cum laude, 1987)
- Missouri, 1990
- Illinois, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Crestwood-Sunset Hills Rotary Club (Member, 2015)
- Run for 21 (Volunteer, 2014-2015)
- St. Justin Charity Kickball Tournament (Volunteer, 2014)
- Rebuilding Together (2012)
- Coro Women in Leadership
- Lindbergh School District (Parent volunteer for a variety of school activities and events)
- St. Louis Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award (2002)
- Achieved the #1 defendant’s verdict in the state of Missouri in a product liability trial (1999)
- Achieved the #7 defendant’s verdict in the state of Missouri for a product installer (2011)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell