Keith Grissom focuses his practice on tax and estate planning, closely held business succession planning and asset protection. He counsels both businesses and individuals on tax matters including addressing income, estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax issues related to estate planning and trust administration. Keith frequently works with business owners as well as with multi-generational families on preserving their wealth and the transition of businesses to the next generation.
Keith is also experienced in business entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate and other tax issues, including tax structuring and controversies.
In addition to probate and trust administration, Keith advises clients on the formation and funding of private foundations and other tax-exempt entities. He also provides counsel regarding international planning.
Keith writes and speaks frequently on tax and estate planning topics, including asset protection planning and business succession planning, and is frequently called upon to analyze and discuss tax legislation and its impact.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Keith was a partner and co-leader of the trusts and estates department at another St. Louis area law firm. Before that, he served as general counsel and project manager for a real estate investment and development company that also functioned as a family office.
- Washington University School of Law (LL.M., 2012)
- CALI Awards for Excellence
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 2005)
- Phi Delta Phi
- Dean’s List
- First Year Brief Writing Section Competition, Best Brief
- First Year Best Oral Advocate Section Competition, Honorable Mention
- University of Central Missouri (B.S., 2002)
- Business Administration and Finance
- Dean’s List
- The American College of Trust Estates Counsel (ACTEC) Heart of America Fellows Institute (2021)
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate and Tax Sections
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar Estate, Trust & Elder Law Institute, Planning Committee member (2018-2021)
- Missouri Bar Association, Probate & Trust Division
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Red Cross Planned Giving Council (Co-Chair and Seminar Committee Chair, 2023)
- Washington University Law School Low Income Estate Planning Clinic (2022-2023)
- Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts and Estates (2022-present)