Lynn Goessling has more than two decades of experience in commercial real estate and business law. She has a number of long-standing clients – a testament to her broad skill set and trustworthiness.
Lynn represents a diverse range of clients, from developers and landowners to privately held businesses and public companies. Active in all sectors of the commercial real estate industry – including multifamily housing, office, retail and restaurants, hospitality, health care and life sciences, senior care and rehabilitation facilities, and industrial development – Lynn is often called upon to counsel clients through acquisitions and dispositions, easements, leasing, sales, complex title issues, land development matters and projects involving economic development and municipal or special financing incentives, including tax abatement, tax increment financing (TIF) and various development districts. Her experience also extends to construction, utility infrastructure, zoning and environmental remediation.
Having represented both tenants and landlords, Lynn has a unique perspective in guiding real estate clients in honing their vision and achieving strategic goals. As such, she has extensive experience negotiating multimillion-dollar build-to-suit and design-build leases.
Lynn employs a thorough and intentional approach to representations, working alongside attorneys across practice areas and other service professionals, including brokers, lenders, accountants and construction/facility managers, to provide her clients with comprehensive, creative solutions. Based on her broad experience in areas ranging from employment law to real estate underwriting, Lynn has skillfully served as outside general counsel and built seamless cross-discipline teams to serve her clients’ diverse legal needs.
She also has niche experience buying, selling and managing commercial condominiums, as well as representing cellular tower owner-operators in real estate development matters.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Lynn spent more than 25 years in private practice at other St. Louis area law firms.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- Employment and Labor Certificate
- Saint Louis University (B.S., cum laude, 1990)
- Business Administration
- Personnel and Industrial Relations
- St. Louis Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Past President and Board Member
- St. Louis Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Mentorship Program Leader
- St. Louis County Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority (LCRA), Board Member
- American Bar Association, Real Estate and Business Law Section
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar Association
- Missouri Growth Association, CREW Board Representative (2019)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Mary Queen of Peace Board of Education, Board Member and Past President
- Fontbonne University Advisory Board
- Career Advancement for Women Award, 15th Annual CREW-St. Louis Networking Awards (2019)
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, Best Attorneys (2019)
- Spirit of CREW Award (2016)