A member of the Litigation practice group, Mary Rychnovsky advises and defends health care providers in high profile matters involving complex and multimillion-dollar claims. Her experience with personal injury cases, including toxic tort and product liability suits, enables her to provide practical solutions while minimizing risk.
When defending medical malpractice claims, Mary recognizes the unique risks health care providers face and that their reputations are at stake. She represents physicians, nurses, hospitals and physician groups in a range of personal injury and wrongful death matters.
Mary helps clients guard against the threat of suits and avoid agency liability through review of and revisions to consent forms. Mary also counsels on the development of protocols and guidelines for responding to agency allegations and policies regarding day-to-day operations.
She also counsels clients on professional liability and other related malpractice issues.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- University of Missouri (B.A., 1988)
- University of Missouri (B.J., 1988)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar (Professionalism Committee)
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (1994-Present; Member of the Professional Ethics Committee, 2000-01)
- American Bar Association (2000-Present)
- Defense Research Institute (2001-Present)
- Women Lawyers' Association (1994-Present; Golf Tournament Chairman, 1999)
- The Bar Plan Foundation (Secretary/Board of Trustee Member, 2001; Chairperson of Charity Golf Tournaments, 2000-2001; Chairperson of Charity Run/Walk, 2001)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- St. Louis County Voices for Children Volunteer (2014-Present)
Prior to joining the firm, Mary was in private practice at another St. Louis area firm. Before that, she was a risk manager at a legal malpractice insurance carrier advising attorneys on ethical and malpractice issues.