Michael Grigsby is an attorney in the firm’s Corporate Services practice group. Focusing primarily on commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions and data privacy, Michael counsels both public and private companies of all sizes. He has experience drafting documents at all stages of a transaction and regularly conducts due diligence reviews for his clients.
A natural extension of his transactional experience, Michael also counsels clients on securities matters related to financing, compliance and reporting.
Further, Michael spent seven years living and working in Hong Kong and speaks fluent Cantonese Chinese. His experience overseas provides him with a strong international perspective that aids him in assisting clients with business immigration matters.
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Order of the Coif
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award (five-time recipient)
- University of London (LL.B., 2013)
- English Law
- University of Texas at Austin (M.A., 2006)
- University of Southern California (B.A., 2004)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Cantonese Chinese
Prior to joining the firm, Michael worked at another Kansas City-area law firm. During law school, he interned at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Hon. Janice Karlin and at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission in Kansas City.