Michelle Thom is a skilled corporate attorney, regularly serving as outside corporate counsel to businesses on a broad spectrum of legal matters and ensuring that legal risks are minimized. Her background in property management and real estate provides her with personal insight into the contrast between business needs and legal controls, which allows her to advance creative solutions for her clients.
Michelle assists clients in various aspects of strategic transactions, understanding each client’s business and unique goals. She has experience drafting and negotiating business contracts, facilitating mergers and acquisitions, and providing counsel on regulatory frameworks and employment matters within the context of transactions.
Michelle has extensive experience advising electric utility and telecommunications companies on corporate governance and regulatory matters. Her work encompasses service contracts, independent contractor agreements, franchise agreements, construction agreements and nondisclosure agreements, among others. Michelle also provides legal support and contract negotiation for small to midsized businesses, and regularly represents owners and investors in the purchase or sale of businesses (both asset and equity transactions). She guides clients through all states of a transaction, including drafting and negotiating contracts and conducting due diligence.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Michelle served as an associate attorney at another Denver-area law firm. She also has past experience as a law intern for a community of retirement facilities, and as a student attorney at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law’s Community Economic Development (CED) Clinic, which allows students interested in transactional law to represent metropolitan nonprofit corporations, community-based associations and small businesses. During law school, she clerked for the Hon. Angela R. Arkin in the 18th Judicial District.
Before practicing law, Michelle worked in property management and real estate where she was extensively involved in all aspects of the property business, including investor relations, financial and legal accountability, marketing and sales, training, budgeting and conflict management.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Order of the Coif
- Scholastic Excellence Award for Lawyering Process I & Community Economic Development Clinic
- Hartje Objective Writing Award (Fall 2013)
- James C. Owen, Jr. Endowed Scholarship (2015-2016)
- Transportation Law Journal (Editor in Chief, 2015-2016; Staff Editor, 2014-2015)
- CU/DU Trial Competition Quarterfinalist (Spring 2014)
- Arizona State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2001)
- College of Business Honors Program, Barrett Honors College
- Dean’s List Recognition (Fall 1998-Fall 2001)
- ASU Alumni Association’s Alumni Achievement Award
- Sam & Ida Turken Charitable Foundation Scholarship (Fall 2000, Spring 2001)
- Kenn Rowe Scholarship (Fall 2001)
- Thompson G. Marsh Inn of Court
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Disability Law Colorado (Board Member)
- The Arc Pikes Peak Region (Member)
- Colorado Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2022)