Phyllis Weisberg serves as co-leader of the firm's Cooperative and Condominium Law practice area. She has 40 years of experience, primarily focusing on the representation of boards of cooperative apartment buildings and condominiums. Her extensive experience in the industry includes handling governance issues, alterations, disputes between and among shareholders/unit owners, issues with neighboring buildings, construction and contract issues, and municipal matters.
Phyllis has also made significant contributions to the broader industry in her role as former chair of the New York City Bar’s Committee on Cooperatives and Condominiums. During her tenure, the Committee completed and issued the new form of Condominium Contract of Sale. She is frequently quoted by national and industry media and regularly authors articles for publications, including The New York Times, The Cooperator and Habitat Magazine. She is a frequent lecturer and panelist at symposia on cooperative and condominium law, as well as other real estate-related matters.
Extending her counsel to the community, Phyllis has assisted women co-op and condo board presidents in exploring issues important to their roles, including the impact of gender in board interactions, since 2011.
Prior to joining the firm, Phyllis was a partner at a mid-Atlantic law firm, where she served as co-chair of the Cooperative and Condominium Law practice.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1972)
- Order of the Coif
- Mount Holyoke College (B.A., with honors, 1969)
- New York
- New York City Bar (Chair, Committee on Cooperatives and Condominiums, 2013-2016; Chair, Subcommittee on CLE Programs, 2011-2012; Subcommittee on Case Law, 2010-2011; Chair, Subcommittee on Legislation and Reports, 2008-2013; Subcommittee on Mediation, 2006-2007; Chair, Subcommittee on the Courts, 2004-2006)
- The Real Estate Board of New York (Associate member)
- Connecticut Bar Association (Sections on Litigation and Real Property, 1998-present)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- B’nai B’rith Real Estate Unit (Board of Directors; Co-Chair, 2000-2003)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rating
- New York Magazine, New York’s Women Leaders in the Law (March 2012 and March 2013)
- New York Super Lawyers® (2006-2007, 2009-present); Business Edition (2011-2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Pre-eminent Women Lawyers (2011-2012)
- Avenue Magazine‘s Legal Elite, compiled by Avenue and Lexis Nexis
- Martindale-Hubbell New York City’s Top Women Real Estate Attorneys (October 2011)