Rachel Bennett is a senior associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property (IP) practice group, focusing on patent preparation and prosecution, IP licensing and litigation. With a Ph.D. and advanced technical knowledge in biophysics and engineering, Rachel is particularly adept at handling patent matters for clients related to medical physics, medical imaging, medical devices, semiconductor, mechanical, telecommunication, bioengineering, internet and computer software technologies.
Her primary focus is in assisting inventors and companies of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, in developing and managing their global IP portfolios. Rachel has significant experience in working with U.S. research institutes and universities on technology transfer and research compliance.
In addition, Rachel is fluent in and a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese. As such, she regularly counsels clients on IP prosecution and enforcement strategies in the U.S. and internationally, especially in China.
Rachel also works with clients on trademarks, including trademark monitoring and enforcement and infringement analysis.
Services and Industries
- Arizona State University College of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Medical College of Wisconsin (Ph.D.)
- Beijing Normal University (M.S.)
- Electronic Science
- Beijing Normal University (B.S.)
- Education Technology
- Completed three years in electrical engineering
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Missouri Asian American Bar Association (Member, 2019-Present; Chair of Mentorship Program, 2019-Present; Treasurer, 2021-2022; President, 2022-Present)
- Arizona Asian American Bar Association (Member, 2016-2018)
- Bar Leadership Institute, State Bar of Arizona (Graduate, 2017-2018)
- Jurimetrics, ABA Journal of Science and Technology Law (Senior Production Editor, 2011-2012; Associate Editor, 2010-2011)
- Law and Science Student Association (President, 2010–2012)
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law (Adjunct Professor, 2017-2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law, Patent Law (2022-present)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award on Patent Preparation and Prosecution
- Award for Pro Bono Services with the highest distinction
- Center Scholar of the Center of Law, Science, and Innovation (2009–2012)
- Mandarin Chinese
Prior to joining the firm, Rachel was an associate with a law firm in Arizona, focusing on IP prosecution and litigation.
Before going to law school, Rachel worked for General Electric Healthcare Systems as an engineer developing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems and MRI medical applications. She also has past experience as a research associate at Johns Hopkins University in the Department of Radiology, School of Medicine.