Stephanie Moon is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group, focusing on a variety of legal matters, including professional liability, shareholder disputes, cannabis and employment. She represents clients in a variety of industries and business sectors in both federal and state courts.
Stephanie was previously a trial lawyer at Novack and Macey in Chicago, and joined Armstrong Teasdale in 2023. While at Novack and Macey, Stephanie focused her practice on legal malpractice matters and commercial litigation. During that time, she co-authored over a dozen blog posts for the firm’s Illinois Legal Malpractice and Defense of Lawyers blog.
Stephanie started her legal career in litigation for a national law firm where she worked on civil rights class actions and authored appellate briefs for the US. Court of Appeals for Veterans Affairs and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Her experience also included contract disputes, product liability cases, negligence and nursing home defense work.
While in law school, Stephanie served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Magistrate Judge Michael T. Mason in the U.S. Northern District of Illinois. In that role, she primarily conducted research on federal acts and regulations, as well as legal precedent, to draft summary judgment opinions.
- Loyola University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- Loyola University Law Journal (Editor)
- CALI Award for Excellence in Civil Procedures, Legal Writing, Property, Advocacy and Election Law
- University of Dayton (B.A., cum laude, 2012)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section (Social Committee Co-Chair 2022-present)
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (Member)
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois (Member)
- IAG Global – International Advisory Group (Member)