Tom Fritzlen, Jr., is a partner in the firm’s Financial and Real Estate Services practice group. He represents some of the largest financial institutions in the country and has substantial experience in general civil and complex litigation involving commercial transactions, banking, creditors' rights, real estate and construction.
He has taken and defended hundreds of depositions, acted as lead trial counsel in numerous bench and jury trials in state and federal courts, successfully resolved numerous matters through mediation, and has won arbitration awards in construction and creditors’ rights matters.
Tom’s practice is founded on preparation and communication, and his incredibly strong skills in these areas lend to his success in developing creative solutions for his clients. A dedicated problem-solver, Tom employs a proactive approach in counseling his clients and ensures integrity in every interaction.
Under his direction, Tom’s prior firm was a 10-time winner of the United States Foreclosure Network (USFN) Diamond Award of Excellence, demonstrating his commitment to high quality.
A frequent speaker, Tom has presented at national and local legal and creditor’s rights conferences, and numerous educational seminars approved for CLE, as well as at dozens of onsite client trainings and industry events. He has covered topics including commercial transactions, mechanic’s liens, Missouri and Kansas foreclosure, eviction, litigation and bankruptcy, and topics related to practice management and information technology.
Tom is also passionate about and active in mentoring other attorneys at the firm with a focus on the future of the legal profession.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Tom spent more than 30 years as a shareholder at another Kansas City area firm.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Order of Barristers
- National Moot Court Team
- Student Bar Association, President
- University of Kansas (B.A.)
- Alpha Tau Omega
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- The Missouri Bar
- USFN – America’s Mortgage Banking Attorneys (Membership Committee, Legal Issues Committee)
- Default Attorney Group (DAG)
- Attorney Financial Services Group (AFSG)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (Construction Law Committee)
- Legal League 100 (Inaugural Advisory Council Member, 2012-2015)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Advisory Commission for Anesthesiologist Assistants (Appointed by Missouri Governor, 2005-2008)
- The Upper Room (Board Member)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2008-2014, 2019-present)