Timothy Miller is experienced in matters concerning attorneys’ and other professionals’ liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, partnership law, contract law and business torts.
Representing lawyers and law firms in malpractice (or non-malpractice) situations makes up a large portion of Tim’s practice. He has represented law firms ranging from solo practitioners to large, multinational law firms in matters alleging a wide range of malpractice in all types of forums, including trial and appellate courts, private arbitrations and private mediations.
Tim regularly represents lawyers and law firms accused of malpractice in connection with transactional and estate planning work. He has represented lawyers and law firms charged with negligence in their handling of litigation. Tim has defended lawyers from claims that they aided and abetted their clients’ wrongdoing, conspired with their clients to commit wrongful acts, tortiously interfered with contracts or business expectations, and/or committed fraud on behalf of their clients. Tim also has represented lawyers and law firms accused of charging excessive fees, and lawyers and law firms trying to collect unpaid fees.
Tim was previously a lawyer and general counsel at Novack and Macey in Chicago, and joined Armstrong Teasdale in 2023.
- Duke University School of Law (J.D., high honors, 1985)
- Order of the Coif
- Duke Law Journal (Managing Editor)
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Chicago Bar Association
- Mealey’s D&O Liability Litigation Reports (Former Editorial Board Member)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants (2021-present), Commercial Litigation (2023-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell, Preeminent-Rated Attorney
- Illinois Leading Lawyers (2004-present)
- Illinois Super Lawyers® (2012-present)