Tracy DiFillippo practices in the area of commercial litigation and appellate work. She regularly represents clients in commercial and business litigation matters involving contracts, construction, insurance and directors and officers (D&O) liability.
Serving contractors and subcontractors, Tracy handles matters relating to construction defects, mechanic's liens and breach of contract. She also helps contractors obtain insurance coverage.
Assisting clients with insurance coverage and claim process issues, Tracy manages technical matters involving commercial general liability and D&O insurance. In addition, she works with surety companies and bail agents by assisting them in terminating their liabilities and protecting their licenses with the regulatory boards. Further, Tracy has experience drafting insurance coverage opinions and reservation of rights letters, answering coverage questions, and has handled numerous insurance bad faith lawsuits.
In another area, Tracy defends business clients facing consumer class action lawsuits. Many of the cases involve allegations of fraud, false advertising, unfair trade practices and breaches of state and federal consumer protection laws.
Directors and Officers Litigation
Tracy handles complex litigation matters involving the conduct of corporate officers and directors. She is highly experienced to handle matters involving corporate governance disputes, breach of fiduciary duties, bad faith and negligence.
Tracy’s representation of clients includes several matters before the Nevada Appellate Courts. In her representation, Tracy has extensive experience arguing before both the Nevada Court of Appeals and the Nevada Supreme Court.
Employment and Labor
Tracy has handled disability discrimination and sexual harassment matters in front of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and in federal court. In addition, she has experience in wage and hour matters including misclassification, overtime, and minimum wage collective and class actions under the FLSA and other similar state laws.
- Gonzaga University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
- American Jurisprudence in Legal Writing III
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas (B.A., 1998)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- American Bar Association (House of Delegates; Litigation Section, Pretrial Practice & Discovery Committee Co-Chair, Content Management Committee)
- State Bar of Nevada (Founder and Executive Committee Member, Litigation Section; Member, Appellate Litigation Section)
- Clark County Bar Association
- Southern Nevada Association of Woman Attorneys
- Nevada Civil Practice Manual (Editor)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Chiropractic Physicians' Board of Nevada
- Communities In School of Nevada (Board of Directors, Secretary, Leadership Circle Member)
- Explore Knowledge Academy (Board of Directors, Secretary)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Commercial Litigation (2019-present)
- Named to VEGAS INC's "Women to Watch" (2017)
- Recipient, Volunteer of the Year Award, State Bar of Nevada (2016)
- Recipient, ABA Litigation Section - Outstanding Subcommittee Chair for Pretrial Practice & Discovery Committee 2015-2016
- Named to Nevada Business Magazine's "Legal Elite" (2014, 2016)
- Named to Las Vegas Business Press Rising Stars (2015)
- Recipient, Vince A. Consul Memorial Pro Bono Award, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada (2014)
- Named to Mountain States Super Lawyers® (2019), Rising Stars (2014-2015)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Prior to joining the firm, Tracy was in private practice at another area firm. After graduation from law school, she completed a two-year clerkship with Justice Robert R. Rose of the Nevada Supreme Court.