Armstrong Teasdale's attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable in a wide range of corporate transactions, and we understand the importance of an M&A transaction to a company’s corporate development or restructuring goals. We focus on understanding business goals as well as the varied transactional, business and market risks unique to a client’s situation. This approach drives us to facilitate the completion of the transaction with creative solutions, while protecting deal values for the client.
Mergers and Acquisitions involve diverse and complex legal issues including various securities, tax, antitrust, real estate, employee benefits, intellectual property, governmental compliance and environmental issues. As a full-service law firm, Armstrong Teasdale has the qualified and experienced attorneys needed to complete a sophisticated M&A transaction. Clients benefit from our ability to integrate and utilize these professionals as part of the transaction team.
Deal management and client service are key components of our Mergers and Acquisitions practice. Our priorities include working hard to meet and exceed service expectations in all areas, including communication, practical advice and work product; project management and logistical support; coordinating with accountants, investment bankers and other professionals on all sides of the transaction; ensuring our attorneys are accessible and responsive; utilizing technology to improve our performance and our relationship with the client; and conducting our representation at the highest level of ethics and professionalism.
Our Mergers and Acquisitions services, include:
- Assistance with pre-acquisition planning and transaction structuring, letters of intent, confidentiality agreements and engagement letters
- Due diligence coordination and analysis, including data room assembly and coordination of key third-party investigations
- Preparation and review of disclosure schedules
- Drafting and negotiation of transaction, closing and ancillary deal documents
- Transaction closing
- Post-closing matters relating to the transaction and business integration
- Advice regarding fiduciary obligations of directors in M&A transactions
- Hart-Scott-Rodino and antitrust review, compliance and filings
- Securities law advice, including disclosure obligations, proxy materials and regulatory filings
For more information or questions, please contact David Braswell.