As a member of the Corporate Services and Financial and Real Estate Services practice groups, Paul Cambridge provides legal services to clients of all sizes and structures – from entrepreneurial startups to large, publicly held companies. He counsels clients in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate and securities matters, and lending transactions. Paul has significant experience advising clients on matters related to entity formation and planning, corporate governance, contract negotiation, strategic planning, debt and equity financing, securities law, banking and lending regulatory compliance, joint ventures, and other business law matters. While heavily focused on the financial services industry, he counsels clients within a broad range of industries, including private equity, venture capital, technology, manufacturing, real estate, life sciences, construction, education, and health care.
As the leader of the firm’s Financial Services and Banking industry team, Paul works with an interdisciplinary group of attorneys from different areas of expertise within the firm to provide a full range of legal services to clients in the financial services industry, including banks, bank holding companies, credit unions, mortgage companies and other lenders.
Paul is a frequent author and speaker on legal and regulatory topics that impact the financial services industry, including mergers and acquisitions, securities law, federal banking regulations, strategic planning and marijuana banking.
- University of Michigan (J.D., 2005)
- Michigan State University (B.S., with honors, 2003)
- Missouri, 2006
- Illinois, 2006
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bankers Association (Vice Chairman, Bank Counsel Advisory Board)
- Illinois Bankers Association
- Missouri Independent Bankers Association
- Community Bankers Association of Illinois
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis (Vice Chairman, Board of Directors and Executive Committee)
- St. Louis Zoo (Marlin Perkins Society Committee Member, Former Young Zoo Friends Secretary and Board Member)
- Opera Theatre of Saint Louis (Corporate Sponsorship Committee Member, Young Friends Steering Committee Member)
- Saint Louis Art Museum (Corporate Partnership Program Committee Member)
- St. Patrick Center (Former Young Friends Development Board Member)
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- National Eagle Scout Association
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars (2013-2015, 2017-2018, 2020-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Banking and Finance Law (2021-present), Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2023)
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Paul was a shareholder at the St. Louis office of a national law firm where he focused on business and financial services.