Brandon Hall is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Services practice group, where he provides counsel to both established corporations and emerging companies on general corporate and governance matters, and mergers and acquisitions. He also represents clients in the health care and life sciences space, including health care systems, hospitals and physicians.
Corporate Law and Governance
Brandon has worked with emerging companies and entrepreneurs, helping those companies navigate formation, ownership, financing, employment contracting, fiduciary duties, intellectual property issues and compliance, most recently related to COVID-19.
He enjoys creative problem-solving for clients and brings a deep understanding of the intricacies of employee pensions and bonuses, employment contracts, non-compete agreements, and the protection of trade secrets to each representation, enabling him to find practical, creative and cost-effective solutions for his clients.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Brandon brings a detail-oriented approach to advising employers with respect to employee benefits and executive compensation matters in the context of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. He utilizes his background and experience handling complex ERISA and Internal Revenue Code compliance to effectuate the seamless transition of employee benefit plan compliance before, during and after the transaction.
Health Care Law
Brandon also has significant background in health care law, having worked on both state and federal health policy, and for a medical device startup prior to law school. He has experience counseling clients on a variety of regulatory compliance issues faced by health care entities, with an emphasis on:
- State Certificate of Need laws;
- the Stark Law;
- the Anti-Kickback Statute;
- CMS and OIG compliance and self-disclosure;
- the Affordable Care Act;
- Medicare and Medicaid Reimbursements; and
He advises clients on matters related to physician-hospital alignment strategies, including:
- contractual and equity joint ventures; and
- employment arrangements and other hospital-based contracting arrangements.
Brandon has also represented companies in various stages of litigation ranging from administrative law proceedings to state and federal court matters. In particular, he is well versed in ERISA claims denial matters, ERISA preemption litigation, and excessive fees and other fiduciary duties defenses.
Brandon also maintains an active pro bono litigation practice, having represented clients in both state and federal courts in employment law and civil rights disputes. He has published articles on topics ranging from Workplace Wellness Plan compliance under the ADA and GINA to ERISA preemption of state laws and rural hospital closures.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Brandon was an associate at another local law firm, where his practice focused on employee benefits. Brandon previously served as the Judge Joseph J. Simeone Fellow at the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District where he clerked for Judge Robert G. Dowd, Jr.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2019)
- Concentrations in Health Law, Center for Health Law Studies and Employment Law, Wefel Center for Employment Law
- Academic Excellence Awards: Health Care Law, Employee Benefits Law
- ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law (Staff Editor)
- State University of New York at Albany (B.A., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Political Science
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL)
- American Bar Association (ABA) (Member, Health Law and Business Law Sections)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Eastern District of Missouri Pro Bono Litigation Panel (Volunteer)
- Missouri Appleseed (Board of Directors)
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Corporate Law (2023)
- American College of Employee Benefits Counsel (ACEBC) Sidney M. Perlstadt ERISA Writing Competition Memorial Award Winner (2019)
- FOCUS St. Louis, Emerging Leader (Fall 2020)
- Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy at the University at Albany, 10 Under 10 Award Recipient (2020)