Our attorneys bring many years of wide-ranging experience to resolving complex challenges related to cooperative and condominium law.
Given their depth of experience and long-standing reputation, our attorneys offer a wide range of services to our clients including management and governance issues, transactions, dispute resolution and litigation.
Our team of seasoned attorneys can easily scale and provide a tailored approach based on the needs of each individual client. We have experience working with some of the largest and most prestigious buildings and building complexes, as well as with smaller buildings, individual unit owners and shareholders.
Our attorneys have also been instrumental in the development of co-op and condo law, specifically in New York, having helped to create contracts of sale, alteration agreements and other agreements now used as industry standards.
Our representations span:
- Access and other issues relating to neighboring buildings
- Bankruptcy issues
- Building maintenance, repairs and improvements
- Commercial and professional leases in residential buildings
- Community issues
- Compliance and regulatory matters
- Construction contracts
- Construction defects
- Contract disputes
- Control issues
- Corporate and condominium elections
- Employment and labor
- Environmental law
- Governance issues
- Government subsidy programs
- Insurance coverage and litigation
- Landlord-tenant relations
- Mortgage and unsecured financing and refinancing
- Municipal matters, including code enforcement
- Ownership by trusts and estates
- Property damage and other related claims
- Reconstitution of government regulated cooperatives
- Resale policies and procedures
- Review and modernization of organic documents (proprietary lease, bylaws, certificate of incorporation in a co-op; bylaws and declaration in a condo)
- Shareholder/unit owner relations
- Sponsor issues
- Unit expansions
- Zoning, land use and development