With a range of experience in health care-related legal matters, Corey A.-T. Stegeman regularly works with physicians and medical professionals across varying specialties, as well as hospitals, nursing homes, psychiatric treatment centers, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities.
Focusing on medical malpractice defense, Corey has more than a decade of experience and extensive knowledge of the intricacies of cases involving medical procedures in highly specialized areas. He provides creative counsel, taking a detail-oriented and organized approach, with the goal of zealously defending his clients. This includes working to resolve legal issues quickly and efficiently and by partnering with his clients to develop the strongest defenses and case to present at trial with the aim of obtaining jury verdicts in their favor. Corey has also assisted professionals before state licensing boards and represented health care facilities faced with premises liability claims.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Corey was in private practice at another St. Louis area law firm where he focused his practice on the defense of medical malpractice claims in both state and federal courts, as well as in matters alleging federal Section 1983 violations. Before returning to St. Louis, he previously defended medical professionals in professional liability claims in Virginia, and earlier in his career, he held a judicial clerkship in the Office of Hearings and Appeals at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Washington University Global Studies Law Review (Primary Editor)
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity (Community Service Committee Member)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 2003)
- History and Government
- Dean’s List
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Fraternity
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Second and Third Year Class Councils
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- The Crossing Church (Guest Relations Team Member, 2015-present)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2015-2017)
- Virginia Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2013-2014)
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly, recognized for role as second chair in two multimillion-dollar verdicts (2011)