A partner in Armstrong Teasdale’s Intellectual Property practice group, Ted Behm has substantial experience in all aspects of IP practice.
His broad knowledge includes the preparation and prosecution of domestic and foreign patents, trademarks and copyrights; the litigation of patent, trademark, trade dress, trade secret, copyright, domain name and contractual matters; and the counseling of clients in intellectual property opinion, transactional, and capitalization and acquisition matters.
In addition, he has significant experience in representing clients in reexamination, reissue, and Inter Partes review proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Ted also counsels both established and startup companies in all phases of intellectual property-related transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, IP valuations and fundraising strategies.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Ted was a partner and chair of the patent practice at another Philadelphia area law firm.
- Pennsylvania State University (M.E.)
- Systems Engineering, 2020 (anticipated)
- Rutgers School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Rutgers Law Journal – State Constitutional Law Editor
- Dean's List
- Pro Bono Service Award
- Russell N. Fairbanks Scholarship for Academic Year
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Project (VITA)
- Moot Court: William C. Vis – International Commercial Arbitration
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (B.A., B.S., 1997)
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Philadelphia Intellectual Property Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Philadelphia Fringe Festival (Counsel)
- Jersey Wahoos Swim Club (Board Member)