Eric Poland is a registered patent attorney working in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice group. Prior engineering experience gives him added perspective in providing practical solutions when working with entrepreneurs, inventors and design engineers.
The majority of Eric’s time is focused on the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications, ensuring that they are not vulnerable to competitors’ challenges. He concentrates on matters in the mechanical arts.
Eric guides clients through initial patent infringement analyses and invalidity opinions, providing tailored enforcement procedures. In litigious situations, he prepares cease and desist letters and negotiates settlement agreements.
*Licensed as shown under "Admissions;" not licensed in Colorado.
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Certificate in Environmental & Land Use Law
- Iowa State University (B.S., cum laude, 2007)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Engineer Intern (EIT) (Passed fundamental of Engineering Exam, 2007)
- Energy Efficiency Advisor (May 2010)
In his previous career as a project engineer, Eric managed complex construction projects, mainly in the health care industry. Prior to joining the firm, he was a law clerk at a Tallahassee area firm.